Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What a pane in the Gresham!

No, that's not just a euphemism; today's project was to finish edging the panes for Sir Thomas Gresham. It's one of those tedious steps that is basically really easy. But every seamstress learns the hard way that easy does not equal fast. You think "oh that will be easy" then 5 hours of the same repetitive process later you glare at your hopeful to-do list as you realize you've spent all day on number one. And then when you're done it doesn't even look like you did much.

Start:

Finish:

The dark grey wool beneath is what the slops lining will be, which I cut tonight just to make me feel like I accomplished more than just a bunch of silly strips of edged silk. 




During today's session I listened to The Renaissance Festival Podcast and it made me really yearn for faire days. This may be the longest I've ever gone without attending a faire since I started on cast 6 years ago. Cross your fingers for me that I'll get a weekend off next month so I'll be able to go play with my friends down at the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire

Sew long till next time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment