Friday, April 6, 2012

Ahh, I love that new machine smell...




Of all the things I've gone through in the last 6 months that have made me feel really grown up and adult (i.e. new job w/ benefits, car payment, big apartment on my own, etc.) I've hit a milestone today that makes me feel like a real, honest-to-goodness, grown-up adult woman: owning the sewing machine of my dreams!!


Now, I hear you say "But, Kat, that machine doesn't have a fancy computer-brain, or a pretty touch screen, or a gazillion embroidery stitches, or a price that's roughly equal to a 2012 Ford Focus! Isn't THAT the machine of your dreams??". To which I say "no". A sewing machine is not supposed to think. That's my job. It's supposed to do exactly what I tell it to, when I tell it to. Which is why I'm the proud owner of a new Pfaff Select 4.0: a relatively simple machine that will sew through a gazillion layers of whatever I want then adeptly sew through the finest silk. Built in walking-foot :) Handles beautifully and will last a good many years and projects to come... This is my dream-machine! And it's mine mwuahahahahahahhahaha!!!!

Ok, must go sew now.

No comments:

Post a Comment