Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm back!!...

..to our regularly scheduled programming.

As promised, I was able to get things set up enough to start back to work on projects this evening! Maybe it wasn't the best idea, as I tend to get into sewing frenzy and I was up at 3:45am this morning (i love my job i love my job i love my job ((sorry, I just have to keep saying that to myself))). And of course as you can see I'm still up at 11:30pm :( But it was a rather productive night!

I started working on a new hat for my dear brother, playing Sir Robert Sidney as a Christmas present commissioned by my parents :) I already had most of the fabrics and the concept, it just took me forever to sit down to the work.
Here's the base of the crown, which took a good deal of experimenting to find the right shape and proportions that I wanted, but I got to play with different materials and got even more ideas for future projects!
And this is what I ended the night with:
The crown and brim need to be assembled of course and finished. Then I'll be making a pretty silk band and throwing on that tuft of feathers. Sound good to you? Good. Make it so! (I say to myself in my best Jean-Luc Picard voice)

Also, I apologize for the poor photo quality lately. I cannot find my camera cord to upload/charge my camera and also I think I may have damaged where it plugs into the camera anyhow... so that's not good. Until I figure that out the best I've got is my crappy phone and my macbook air's isight camera.

Woohoo!! I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment