Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oxford Progress Continues...

With the whole day devoted to working on the Oxford, starting from about 10am and wrapping up at midnight, I guess I got a good amount done. Nothing very concretely done to show but I did get done:

  • Patterned slops
  • Mocked-up slops
  • Altered andtrued-up slops
  • Cut slops
  • Wefted the fabric for the slops to give a heavier hand to the silk
  • Cut fashion fabric layer for doublet
  • Did a ridiculous amount of math and planning for chevroned panes
  • Marked fabric for chevroned panes (30 total)
I will cut the panes tomorrow, for fear of screwing majorly up if I do it at this time of night with my brain in this state. I'm pleased overall with the progress. Getting the slops all patterned and draped was pretty daunting so I'm glad that's all set. And I really wasn't sure I'd be able to do chevroned panes because I only had 2 yards (54") of fabric to get the doublet and panes out of. It would've been quite easy to get all the panes going vertically striped but wanting them chevron striped meant placing them on the bias = way more fabric space needed to lay out. 


So there we have it, I get my fancy panes like I wanted. I only have scraps left but that just means I didn't overbuy right? 

Ok, since I didn't really get anything done worth looking at I'll wrap up tonight's update with a peek at my work-buddies!

Here's Chewi and Kimora! Kimora is the one with more white. They are sisters, about 2 years old, American Pit Bull Terriers. They are my roommates' but I love 'em like they were my own. They are a little over-energetic sometimes but totally sweet and will give you as many kisses as you let them land. Chewi will come downstairs with me sometimes but Kimora is very unsure about the stairs and won't come down more than getting her front paws two steps down while keeping her backs on the landing. She just sits up there and cries when Chewi and I are down here sewing and she wants to come too :( 


Well that's all for tonight. I'm beat and have to work in the morning so I'm off to hit the hay. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment