Monday, November 29, 2010

Oxford Epaulettes

And the slow progress continues... still awaiting availability of funds. But here's a peek at the epaulettes to go with the piccadils. 

They were a bit of a pain to get how I wanted them. Mostly the turning and getting the eeky little corners clipped close enough to turn without being all woodgy but not so close that the seam gave out. Then zigzagging the trim around the edge was a little annoying but I'm happy with how they turned out. 

There's about an extra inch of seem allowance at the shoulder seam from what I patterned so I'll play with how far out/wide they will sit. 
Here's another shot of all the piccadils along the edge of my doublet pattern to get a better idea of what that will look like with the epaulettes:

So now with those done, I'll have to figure out what to work on on my day off tomorrow, guess yall'll find out tomorrow night on this blahg! Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment