Saturday, June 16, 2012

If You Find Yourself In: Sacramento -

I'm in Sacramento today! It's 104 degrees out!!! Whewieee is it hot. Even the ten minute walks will beat you down in that kind of heat. As it was, there weren't too many great stores that I could make it to on my layover, and luckily for me, unluckily for anyone else, I found a fabric store that was closing that particular location!

At Beverly's Yards of Fabric, they had upholstery fabrics at 75% off, other fabrics at 50% off, and 30% absolutely everything! It looks like most of the stock has been pretty picked over but I found some good stuff.

Always good to grab some trims:

And about 4 yards of this fabric for $2


 Same deal with this fabric

And got some perfect fabrics for upcoming mystery project...



The other place I went to was Home Fabrics & Rugs, by the Barnes & Noble (not on the Hooters side of the street!). They didn't have a huge stock, most of it was a bit too modern for period work, but if you're looking for home dec they have very good prices: 6.99-12.99/yard for almost everything I saw there.  I may have found the fabric to reupholster my new sofa in...

Well that's all I was able to get to from where I'm staying, maybe next time I'll try to adventure further out if there's anything to find...

No comments:

Post a Comment