So sorry for the long hiatus! The holidays and new year have been very busy! All a very good busy, but sadly leaving little time for costume construction until this week. I had a wonderful xmas and did indeed get the dress form I was hoping for. I also received Gingher pinking shears and a back up pair of 8" dressmakers:
I also received a handy dandy fantastic new camera!! I had been borrowing my mom's and now I have my own! It's a Nikon Coolpix, so I'm pretty much Ashton Kutcher now. Ok, luckily not. Anyhow.
So this evening and last I've made progress getting Oxford closer to completion. With the Bristol preseason starting to commence I've got many projects on my plate so I've given myself a deadline of this Saturday to complete Oxford. There's not too much yet to be done so I'm pretty sure this is reasonable. I've pinned and started to slip stitch the cape lining hem. One good movie and I'll be done with that. Tonight I patterned, cut, trimmed, and bejeweled two sleeves. I proceeded to construct, line, and finish one sleeve.
So I feel fairly good about getting everything done. I have most of friday to work as well as tomorrow evening. I need to throw together the second sleeve, finish hemming the cape, and maybe figure out some sort of headwear (although I still don't have a wig yet so maybe I'll hold off still). If everything goes according to plan I should be able to have some finished project shots up here by Saturday night. Fingers crossed!!!
Well thanks for checking back in! As always, I'd love to hear what y'all think!