Friday, February 1, 2013

Hat done! Sleeves started!

I've changed my mind about how I wanted to do this hat a million times. I do love that striped fabric I found but it wasn't quite jiving with the other ideas I had for the hat. It took me a few times mucking around with it in a variety of frustrating ways to get to that point. Life and work and other distractions were chewing into my spare time and progress had slowed as I experienced a general sew-er's block. Now I have a  cold and a few days off and nothing else to do except sew. 

So I got the hat done!

So remember how I was doing this?:

Well I did more of it and used it to trim the brim as well as make the band.

 I LOVE this velvet and found some perfect "montana blue" navettes to spruce up the band
 (also the hat isn't that big, my styro head is just really small)




Then I started trimming and putting together the sleeves...

This seems to be a recurring image, this time w/ a bronzish brown cord on the light blue silk...


Then a bit of gold trim to make a 'cuff' look.

and a bit of the bronze on top of that to finish off that look


This is where I left them for the night.

Got a lot done today and it feels good. Maybe tomorrow I can get the sleeves done...

No comments:

Post a Comment